Course Level: Intermediate
The adoption of social media by organizations large and small has been rapid and many are playing catch up to quickly learn the best ways to incorporate it into their business. For some companies, this has resulted in a disconnect between their social brand and their overarching brand and in some cases, a huge investment of time and resources with very few tangible results. To minimize wasted effort, time and data, it’s essential to spend the time developing a comprehensive and unified social media strategy that complements your existing marketing and organizational goals and objectives.
This course teaches students about setting Social Goals, Objectives, KPIs, and Tactics, laying out timing and key dates, budgeting, defining brand persona and voice for social channels, incorporating content marketing into a social context, social media governance and crisis management, and measuring ROI.
Estimated time to complete: 0.5 hours
- 1.1 Course Overview and Materials
2. Before You Start: What is a Social Media Strategy?
- 2.1 Before You Start: What is a Social Media Strategy?
- 2.2 The Value of a Social Media Strategy
- 2.3 Overview of Social Media Strategy Components and General Best Practices
- 2.4 Conducting a Social Media Audit
- 2.5 Quiz
3. Setting Strategic Goals
- 3.1 Setting Strategic Goals
- 3.2 Setting Goals, Objectives and KPIs
- 3.3 Specifying Brand Persona and Voice
- 3.4 Quiz
- 3.5 Community Discussion
4. Choosing the Right Social Media Strategy
- 4.1 Choosing the Right Social Media Strategy
- 4.2 Tactics and Tools to Consider
- 4.3 Factoring in Timing and Key Dates
- 4.4 Putting Together a Content Game Plan
- 4.5 Quiz
5. Administrative Considerations
- 5.1 Administrative Considerations
- 5.2 How to Set Up the Roles and Responsibilities on Your Team
- 5.3 Creating Social Media Guidelines and Policy for Your Company
- 5.4 Creating a Critical Response Plan
- 5.5 Quiz
6. Evaluating Your Success
- 6.1 Evaluating Your Success
- 6.2 Applying Quantitative and Qualitative Measurement to Your Social Media Strategies
- 6.3 Using Data to Adjust Course
- 6.4 Quiz
- 6.5 Recommended Next Steps
7. How Hootsuite Helps with Social Media Strategy [OPTIONAL]
- 7.1 How Hootsuite Helps with Social Media Strategy
- 7.2 Introduction to Hootsuite Organizations and Permissions
- 7.3 An Introduction to Hootsuite Analytics
- 7.4 How to Use Boards in Hootsuite Analytics
Hootsuite is trusted by thousands of global enterprises, millions of users, and 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies to manage social media accounts, engage audiences, and measure business results. As the world's most widely used social relationship platform, Hootsuite is the number one resource and partner in social media education.
Hootsuite's courseware is the result of on-going collaborative efforts between dozens of social media experts, a team of best-in-class writers, researchers, and video producers.
By consulting closely with a panel of industry recognized leaders, in addition to its own internal subject matter experts, Hootsuite develops its courseware based on years of professional experience and a breadth of insight into industry trends and the challenges of today's social businesses.