Course Level: IntermediateOver the last few years, social media has revolutionized communication for people and businesses alike. As your business adapts to this development, it can be difficult to know exactly how to best devote your resources and energy. A well thought out, and well-documented social media strategy is a foundational piece of your business’ social media success. This course will turn your attention to the elements of your business you must consider when developing a social media strategy, the goals you want your social efforts to achieve and the various ways you can use social media to support your business objectives.
Estimated time to complete: 0.5 hours
- 1.1 Course Overview
- 1.2 Course Materials
2. Before You Start: What is a Social Media Strategy?
- 2.1 Before You Start: What is a Social Media Strategy?
- 2.2 The Value of a Social Media Strategy
- 2.3 Overview of Social Media Strategy Components and General Best Practices
- 2.4 Conducting a Social Media Audit
- 2.5 Quiz
3. Setting Strategic Goals
- 3.1 Setting Strategic Goals
- 3.2 Setting Goals, Objectives and KPIs
- 3.3 Specifying Brand Persona and Voice
- 3.4 Quiz
- 3.5 Community Discussion
4. Choosing the Right Social Media Strategy
- 4.1 Choosing the Right Social Media Strategy
- 4.2 Tactics and Tools to Consider
- 4.3 Factoring in Timing and Key Dates
- 4.4 Putting Together a Content Game Plan
- 4.5 Quiz
5. Administrative Considerations
- 5.1 Administrative Considerations
- 5.2 How to Set Up the Roles and Responsibilities on Your Team
- 5.3 Creating Social Media Guidelines and Policy for Your Company
- 5.4 Creating a Critical Response Plan
- 5.5 Quiz
6. Evaluating Your Success
- 6.1 Evaluating Your Success
- 6.2 Applying Quantitative and Qualitative Measurement to Your Social Media Strategies
- 6.3 Using Data to Adjust Course
- 6.4 Quiz
- 6.5 Recommended Next Steps
7. How Hootsuite Helps with Social Media Strategy [OPTIONAL]
- 7.1 How Hootsuite Helps with Social Media Strategy
- 7.2 Introduction to Hootsuite Organizations and Permissions
- 7.3 An Introduction to Hootsuite Analytics
- 7.4 How to Use Boards in Hootsuite Analytics
Hootsuite is trusted by thousands of global enterprises, millions of users, and 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies to manage social media accounts, engage audiences, and measure business results. As the world's most widely used social relationship platform, Hootsuite is the number one resource and partner in social media education.
Hootsuite's courseware is the result of on-going collaborative efforts between dozens of social media experts, a team of best-in-class writers, researchers, and video producers.
By consulting closely with a panel of industry recognized leaders, in addition to its own internal subject matter experts, Hootsuite develops its courseware based on years of professional experience and a breadth of insight into industry trends and the challenges of today's social businesses.